Movies With Christmas Cheer
The holiday season brings so many wonderful opportunities to gather with the ones you love! From driving through The Lights of Christmas to spending a cozy night at home, there are endless opportunities to enjoy the holidays. And as the weather grows colder, watching a Christmas movie is a great way to spend the evening! Here are some staff favorites:
Full Length Animated Movies:
- The Star (2017) – follows a brave donkey named Bo who dreams of a more exciting life than the one he has. He embarks on an exciting journey of following The Star and becomes a hero in the greatest story ever told, the birth of our Savior!
- The Grinch (2018) – a spin on the classic story we know and love. This movie follows Cindy Lou Who as she embarks on a journey to meet Santa to deliver her Christmas wish and her unexpected journey with Mr. Grinch.
- Klaus (2019) – this Netflix original shares the story of a terrible postman who is sent to the small frozen town called Smeerensburg where he discovers a toymaker named Klaus. This unlikely duo teams up to unite a divided town with gifts and Christmas cheer!
- The Polar Express (2004) – On Christmas Eve, a young boy is skeptical of Christmas magic and takes the Polar Express to the North Pole. This exciting railway journey also leads to one of self-discovery.
Short and Sweet Animated Movies:
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964) – tells the story of a reindeer born with a glowing nose and how he comes to save Christmas!
- Frosty the Snowman (1969) – follows a jolly snowman who is brought to life by a group of schoolkids.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (1966) – tells the story of the Grinch, an angry hermit who hates Christmas. When he sees the Who’s celebrating, he comes up with a plan to steal Christmas, but will he follow through?
- A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) – Charlie Brown is frustrated at the materialism of the holiday seasons but when his attempt to save Christmas fails, he looks to his friend Linus to show him the true meaning of Christmas.
Live Action Movies:
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (2000) – another retelling of a familiar story! This live action adaptation of the Grinch is both hilarious and heartwarming as it shares the story of the Grinch, his dog Max, and Cindy Lou Who.
- Elf (2003) – This hilarious movie follows Buddy the Elf, a human who was raised by elves in the North Pole. When he can’t shake the feeling of being out of place, he embarks on a journey to New York in search of his real dad.
- Santa Clause (1994) – When a father named Scott accidentally kills Santa, he is forced to put on the suit and save Christmas. Little does he know the journey he signed up for! (See also Santa Clause 2, 3, and the new series The Santa Clauses)
So, grab a bowl of popcorn and cozy blanket and play a fun Christmas movie this season! And, if you plan on coming to The Lights of Christmas order tickets online at TheLightsofChristmas.com.